Tuesday 2 October 2012

Locations

For my music video I am planning to have two 'simple' locations. This is because I believe that it would be alot more beneficial to have a smaller amount of locations and be able to get alot of footage rather than having many different locations with small amount of coverage. The locations that I have chosen are also convenient because it was easy for me to getting filming permissions. I have also avoided the dilemma of having unwanted people (pedestrians) appearing in my footage. Even those these locations may be plain I am hoping to make them much more exciting with the use of props (e.g. lighting) and through the use of editing on final cut.

Location 1:
My first location is a 'garage' styled band practice room which only consists of the bands equipment. To the right is a picture of one of the actual locations I could get access to. I think that this would be a good location because it is very spacious and also already has alot of bands equipment in it aswell. This location would also be good because it is inside and it would not effect my production if the weather turned badly. However, it doesn't look like this area consists of alot of natural light which is what I wanted to mainly use for my source of lighting.
 
Location 2:
My second location is a large garden which consists of alot of woodland, a pool house and swimming pool. I chose this location because it has alot of open space which can be used to the 'storyline' section on my music video. However, a problem with this location may be that because there is so much space I will have to use the video camera hand held instead of on a tripod. This may cause my footage to be of less quality than what it would be when using a tripod. Luckily, alot of indie music video include this type of footage so it does fit with the genre. I took these pictures below of possible woodland locations that I could use for this section of my music video. The only negative aspect of these locations is that I would have to carefully plan my production time because I do not want it to rain at all because the song I am doing sounds like it should be in the sun.

It is also very important for me to choose locations that are convinient for everyone, not just myself. Even if I found the best location but it was an hour away, it would be unfair for the people taking part in my video to have to uncoveniently travel so far. I think that the first location will be the best for everyone because it is in Swavesey which is in the middle of all of the characters I am hoping to use in the video.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment