Wednesday 10 October 2012

Instagram Effects


From this tutorial I have learnt that there are many different things that you can do with final cut. The instagram effect is very popular at the minute all over social networking sites as well as instagram such as twitter and facebook. This effect also makes videos look vintage and 'less-proffesional' which I could benefit from considering that I am using quite plain locations with a camera that wouldn't be used to record high budget music videos. If I added this effect it would make the video seem like it is supposed to be of low quality which also compliments my genre of music aswell. From some of the audience research I have done, alot of people have said that they imagine sunset and beaches when lsitening to 'This is the Life'. This instagram effects adds this sort of feel to footage which could be benficial to me aswell. By adding vintage filters to footage it also enhances some of the colours like blues and reds. This could be good for me because I am filming my video in an inside location but the natural light could be enhanced by this effect well.

This is an example of an indie band using  thevintage filter effect in their music video:

No comments:

Post a Comment