Monday 15 October 2012

Production Day 1

Today was the first day of me attempting to record my music video. unfortunately this did not go very well. Firstly, my schedule had to be moved to later in the evening because one two of my actors had to attend a staff meeting at their workplace. The drawback of this was that I wasn't able to use outside as a natural source of life. However, at my location there was alot of lighting which I tried to work with. This ended up being quite a good thing thing I was able to play around with the lighting rather than it coming from just one place. Luckily the equipment that I has to use belonged to the owners of the location and they had no issue with me using this so I just added the lighting to the permisson sheet I produced.

However, even after using this extra lighting I still wasn't happen with how the location was looking. When thinking of this a music video for this song I think it should be really light and bright colors whereas because of the timing, my location looked dull. This would be suitable for some form of indie video but not mine. Another issue I had at first was managing everything by myself. However, the people who were acting in my music video had no problem helping me move all the equipment and setting it up. Also, the outfits I had originally decided to use in my production didn't fit all the actors in the same way so we had to make the decision for everyone to wear some of their own clothes; this ended up not being such an issue because their styles matched the style I wanted it to be like anyway.

In the end I didn't actually end up recording any footage because I wasn't happy with the set up and timing of the set. However, this time did help me realise any obstacles I was going to come up against which then helped me to make a detailed plan for my next night of production. I also decided to change a few things in order to make it more convenient for me on the day. Below are a collection of images from production day one which shows the process of setting up the location:
 
This is one of the sides of the room
at my location. 
We cleared out the whole location in order to set
up the equipment how I wanted it. 

This was the beginning of the set up (this 
This is the point where we decided to sit down a reevaluate. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment