Tuesday 16 October 2012

Changes in Production (3)

On the second day of production I had to end up using a female drummer. Because I was unware that I would have to have a girl drummer until the second day of production, I had to do some research on how girls in bands are represented.

SAN CISCO:
San Cisco is an Australian four-piece indie pop band, which formed in 2009 as King George in Fremantle, Western Australia. The band consists of Jordi Davieson (guitar, lead vocals), Josh Biondillo (guitar, vocals), Nick Gardner (bass), and Scarlett Stevens (drums, vocals). All members except Stevens share duties on keyboards. In November 2011, the band were signed by Albert Productions. The label describes San Cisco's sound as "rough, low-fi garage pop" mixed with "bright catchy hooks. They made there internet fame with the release of their song 'Awkward'. In this promotion shots the girl is the main focus and is the first person you notice when you look at it. This is because in bands like this you don't normally expect to see a female, let alone a dominant female. However as a band, they don't make an obvious effort to make the girl stand out (e.g. they don't make her wear different styled clothing to the rest of the band etc.). I appreciate this feature of the band because its effortless.  

THE WHITE STRIPES:
The White Stripes was an American rock duo, formed in 1997 in Detroit, Michigan. The group consisted of drummer Meg White (drums and occasional vocals) and songwriter Jack White (vocals, guitar, and keyboards). he White Stripes used a low-fidelity approach to writing and recording. Their music featured a melding of garage rock and blues influences and a raw simplicity of composition, arrangement, and performance. The duo was also noted for their fashion and design aesthetic which featured an exclusive use of a simple color scheme of red, white, and black, which was used on every album and single cover the band released- as well as the band's obsession with the number three. Even though they also had a female drummer, there didn't seem to be a main focus on her. This may be because they are only a duo rather then an actual band. 

I think that the changes I am making in my production is are good because when it comes to making the digipak for the music video, I can have a main focus which is something I can then work around. I think that by having a girl drummer it gives the band a bit of individuality and fits well with the age group I am aiming my music video at.


Change in Actors!
Kimberly Regester:
Kim is also a 17 year old student and she happens to be Jack's girlfriend. I decided to use her as another one of the main characters because I wanted to create a romantic side to the natural shots. Because they have been together for so long it will not be difficult for them to have 'Chemistry' behind the camera. Kim will be replacing Yotam as the drummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment