Wednesday 10 October 2012

Audience Research

As part of my audience research I have asked students around Long Road their opinions about the track that I am making my music video for. I have recorded their responses on video and the questions I asked were:

1. Did you like the track?
2. What type of person would like this track?
3. Which age range would you typically associate with this song?
4. How would you picture the band/lead?
5. What sort of music video would you expect to accompany this track?
6. If performance, where and what type?
7. If narrative, what sort?



From this research I have learnt many things. Even though I asked different ages and type of people, once listening to the track 'This Is The Life' they all seemed to have the same sort of ideas about the song itself. They all thought it was a happy upbeat song that would have a performance in the music video. Interestingly, two of the people thought of a beach themed music video after listening to the song. Luckily, the ideas of what the band/lead singer would look like seemed to match my initial ideas so I wouldn't have to change anything in that area. From this research it has given me alot of extra ideas to add into my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment