Wednesday 10 October 2012

Product Placement COSTUMES


Product Placement- OBVIOUS? CLOTHING
I wanted include some form of product placement in my music video. I didn't think it would be appropriate to use the newest 'flashy' phone like they do in some videos and it would also be very hard to get permissions for this. I decided to contact one of the students who goes to Long Road who has set up his own T-shirt company within the past sixth months and I asked him whether I could borrow one of his T-shirts to include in my video. His brand is called 'obvious?' clothing and it has become quite successful throughout our college and is already well known in Cambridge by teenagers. Harry reaches out to consumers by using social networking such as twitter and facebook but he mainly uses tumblr. (http://obviousclothing.tumblr.com)


I asked Harry for the permission to use his clothing over a facebook conversation.




























This will be particularly eye catching to 'hipster' styled people because obvious clothing is in many ways quite similar to the brand 'hype' which is a well known brand to teenager consumers. It is an only recently discovered clothing brand but had been around for a couple of years. It was created by two boys around the age of 20. It has blown up over the past couple of months and teenagers appreciate the clothing line because it is different from anything you can get in the highstreet shops and its noticable/rememberable. The majority of the clothing consist of a plain white tshirt with some sort of pattern logo on the front or just the brand name. The tshirt I will be using will be very similar to this.

After having a conversation with Harry at college he told me that I had to include a short clip of him in my music video wearing his obvious clothing for letting me have some of his merchandise.

No comments:

Post a Comment