Saturday 29 September 2012

Pitch Presentation Feedback

Even though at first I had a clear idea of what I wanted to do for my music video after delivering my pitch to the class, I was asked many things about my idea which also lead on to me reconsidering many things and rethinking my original ideas:

1. 'Do you think that you will have enough varied coverage?'-Jake
I think that I will have enough varied footage because during the performance shots there are so many different angles that I could do. I am also planning to record the whole performance atleast 3 or 4 times but from different long shot angles which will allow me to have lots of different shots when it comes to editing the video.

2. 'What's going to happen in the cut-aways?'-Yasz

I am still thinking about what will happen in the cut away buts my rough idea is to show what teenage life is like so that this would compliment the lyrics 'this is the life'. I would also like to include a romance between characters possibly including the main singer of the band. However, I think that with my genre, random storylines would also look good.

3. 'What effects are you going to have in post-production?'-Martha

I would like my effects to be quite jumpy but I would like to make the whole music video look abit off colour like the pictures off of instagram. I found a video which explains how to do this so this will be useful. I would also like to include some fades in and out with added in lighting to make the location look more exciting.

4. 'What do you think the song is about?'-Elena

Generally, Two Door Cinema Clubs song don't have deep meanings but I like to believe that this song is about some sort of romantic fantasy of how life is for everyone. And the chorus when it says 'who'd argue?' it may be about TDCC telling someone not to complain about their lives. I think that TDCC try to go for the feel of the song rather than focus on having deepfully meaningful lyrics.

5. 'How could you visually emphasise the guitar hook from the chorus?'-Jez

I think that the guitar hook from the chorus is very dominant therefore I am going to use this to my advantage and have a close up of the guitar being played on the beat. I would also like to have this close up being shown throughout the song when it is being played so maybe I could add it in over a performance clip.

Overall, I think that my pitch went well and my class seemed to think that my overall ideas could potentially be good. They also generally thought that the ideas I presented fitted well with the genre of music I was doing and specifically they went with the song well itself. Although, there were a few things that they did have concern over. Firstly, they did think that I might have difficulty getting the right amount of coverage of the performance sections and still be able to record a storyline. They also thought that I might find it difficult to find a good amount of actors that can cooperate with eachother and turn up at the same location at the right times on the right day etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment