Friday 16 November 2012

Last Day of Editing

Today was my final day of editing and the main thing I tried to focus on was making the clips shorter and more jumpy and adding in more footage aswell. Firstly, I started editing the end sequence of the video because I hadn't done much to it yet. I added in a lot of different clips performance and natural, and began to divide them up into 2-3 seconds little clips. Next I added them to the correct places on the timeline. But after playing it back, I realised that I needed to add something more. I experimented with some of the clips already used in the video and came to the conclusion that it would look good with the 'car scene's added to compliment the pace of the music.
After this I started to focus on matching up all of the clips colours and brightness. However, on some clips I added abit more brightness because they were at different locations (I added much more brightness to the car clips because it made the sun stand out alot more).



Overall, I believe that the editing process today and all of the editing in general went well. Although if I had a longer amount of time there are a few things I would have changed. Firstly, I would have made alot smoother transitions from clip to clip to make the video run alot more nicely; but also I would have liked to experiment with more effects such as reversing shots and slowing them down because I think that this would have looked good in the verse sections of the song. Another thing I would have liked to have had was more close ups of the performers because I could have done more editing to shots like this and experiment more with the different colours. The main I think went the best when editing was the cutting up of the footage because I think that although it could have been done more smoothly, the clips ended up being the right amount of length for each beat of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment