Wednesday 14 November 2012

Editing Progress

This is the second version showing the progress on my music video. The main changes have been the opening sequence and the adding of more footage. This editing was done all after my last day of production:



I showed this video to more of my ideal target audience to get even more feedback to use for my final day of editing. I recorded the responses from 5 different people and the questions I asked were:
1. What do you think generally about the video?
2. Do you think it has improved in a positive way?
3. Did do you think could be done to improve it even further?
4. Did you find it engaging and interesting throughout the whole thing?
4. Did you enjoy watching it overall?

From this feedback, I have learnt that I need to make some of the clips used a bit more short to make the overall video more snappy and interesting. It would also help make the video be more engaging throughout the whole thing. It is also obvious that I need to make the editing (brightness and contrasts) much more consistent and I could even make the natural shot stand out more by making them a different colour to the performance (e.g. black and white) to make it appear to be more 'dreamy'. Overall, the feedback I received for this video seems positive and I will definitely find it useful for my last day of editing.

Plan of Action:

As tomorrow (16th November) is my final deadline I have made this plan of action in order to be fully organised when it comes to my last editing session tomorrow morning:
1. Finishing adding in the remaining footage 
2. Re-colour all of the clips 
3. Make them brighter and more contrasting to eachother
4. Cut some of the footage so they are more 'jumpy' 
5. Try adding in some more effects like reversing shots


No comments:

Post a Comment