Friday 23 November 2012

Digipak Process (1)

Today I began starting to make my digipak. The first thing I had to do was somehow transfer the photograph of the band into a drawing and then onto photoshop. I tried to this in many ways. Firstly, I started off by trying to connect a tablet to the mac computer and draw over the picture as a new layer in photoshop. However, this quickly became obvious that this wasn't going to work. So next I decided to just print off the image and trace it. I started off by tracing the whole image in a blue pencil because the blue pencil doesn't transfer when being scanned and after I done this succesfully, I then went over the image in either a pen or a pencil. I wanted to copy the image from the foals album so I did the outlines of the images in a darker pen whereas the odd shaded sections were done in pencil. Because I wanted it to look like the foals album cover as much as possible I had to add in all of shading and sketchy areas because this would have been difficult to add in on photoshop. I think that this was a could technique to use because when transfered onto photoshop the image looked how I wanted it to. Below are some photographs are my traced pictures: Alyssa_3 Alyssa_2 Alyssa_1

After this was done I decided to focus on the mouth sections which I would have to either create and take a picture of some kind of pattern to go in the mouth sections of the characters. I think by using a bright and colour section of the mouth it will make the overall album cover contrast well. This is because I am wanting to have a really plain coloured background which will probably be a shade of grey/greeny colour. By having this sort of pattern it will stand out alot from the rest of the image. In order to get one of these images I took a few pictures of patterns I made to see if they would look good when transfered onto a computer. After doing this I decided that it would be a good idea to draw some form of pattern on photoshop so it would be much easier to add it into the smaller sections of the image. I chose thus image as an examples of pattern because I think that it is close to the type of thing I want to use for the mouths of my image.

No comments:

Post a Comment