Sunday 25 November 2012

Digipak Process (2)

Today I started to edit my image on photoshop. The first I dont was creating a new layer for the background colour. It took me a while to choose the colour for the background and I started off with a mint green colour but I then decided just to use a cream colour like the Foals album. After creating another new layer, I then selected a thin brush (size 4) and went around the only the outside of the image which had alreadt been uploaded to photoshop. I done this only to the outside because this is one of my favourite effects used on my influence album. Next, I selected the shadow burn tool and started to go around the shading of the traced images. I also used the highlighter burn tool as well to make some areas less dark than the ones used with shadow burn. After I had done this I then created a new layer and started to colour in the rest of the image with the same colour as the background, trying not to go over the sketched sections. Next I decided to focus on the eyes of the characters and this consisted of me highlighting the outside sections of their eyes with an offwhite colour (abit more white than the background colour) and colouring the pupils in a darker grey. I done this because I wanted the eyes of the image to stand out. The images below are the screen shots of my first day of making my digipak cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment